- I am a former Texas 4th grade teacher. I retired early to take this coming year to prepare to join our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter in the mission field of Cambodia in September 2016. People ask me what I will do with my time during my retirement and the rest of my life. I tell them that my goal is to keep in step with the Spirit wherever He leads.
- I am married to Dale, spiritual leader, teacher, and all around busy man. He is a “hands on” kind of guy and even on vacation finds some way to help others. We have had so much fun growing up together. I am head over heels for the man. We have three adult children and one beautiful granddaughter.
- My writing style tends to be brief. I like to let imagery and a well placed idea help you receive the personal message only you were meant to receive.
- I am committed to cleaning up my mind, heart, and body for the Holy Spirit as worship to Him. I am dedicated to eating real food.
- (mostly) I am working on purity and holiness by what I “eat” for entertainment, and how I spend my time. (mostly) I am redefining the difference between my needs and my wants and am trying to cut back on consuming. (mostly) Some days are easier than others.
- On some days my emotions and thoughts bump into one another and come out like poetry.
- I published a writing blog for Texas 4th grade writing teachers.
- It is hard to put into words how I feel about studying the Bible. Sometimes I feel like a baby crying for a bottle, and other times the Holy Spirit is pushing me uphill…causing reflection, much pondering and the revealing of fresh insights. Lately I have been memorizing scripture, a totally new direction for me. I am working on the entire chapter of Romans 8.
- I have had several trials that have been defining moments in my life. My father’s murder, my mother’s death of combined ALS and Alzheimers, my son’s ear tumor (he was two at the time), the same son’s motorcycle accident in Cambodia, and my struggle with faith.
- In 2017 I will emphasize Psalm 139:23-24 in my daily prayers not only for me, but my family. I want all darkness in my heart to be exposed by His beautiful light, especially the things I haven’t recognized in myself yet. Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
I hope you enjoy my pictures. Most are from my cheap cell phone and my Lumix point and shoot camera. I use PicMonkey to edit, transform and create graphics for my blog.
I would love for you to quote a portion of my words (75 words or less) on your blog as long as a link is provided back to the source page on this blog. And please site SANCTIFIEDTOURIST.COM or Alice LeBlanc as the author. You’re the best!
Copyright 2015-2017 Alice LeBlanc and Sanctified Tourist, pictures and content
I am not paid to endorse any products or ads on Sanctified Tourist.